The DPPS Digital Storefront was created to simplify ordering by limiting the number of questions you are required to answer. Popular product categories have been created in the main menu for your convenience. Select SIMPLE ORDER FORM if you do not find a product which matches your print project.
Customers are encouraged to contact customer service and request a custom product category for their department.
Proof Contacts, Delivery Locations, and Billing Information are requested when you checkout. Delivery Locations may be added to a contact address book for recall in future orders.
Customers must agree to the policies located at https://kb.wisc.edu/doitprint/page.php?id=53830.
- Stationery Templates
- Banners & Posters
- Advanced Media Services
- Course Pack Service
- Blank Paper Stock
- Specialty Items
The business card, letterhead, and envelope templates listed in the store will allow you to enter in your information and preview a copy of the item before placing the order. Your items will be approved for printing after they are checked out of the shopping cart. Contact our customer service representatives if you have any difficulty on creation of your order.
Advanced Media Design and Production
DPPS has a team devoted to the design and new technology of advanced media. Let them assist you with your next project.
- CD/DVD Production
- CD/DVD Duplication and Printing
- Filemaker Design and Programming
- Website Design and Programming
- WordPress Layout and Updating
Contact Customer Service to setup an appointment to discuss your project.
Course Packet Processing
Digital Publishing & Printing Services (DPPS) provides a centralized service with which UW–Madison faculty and instructors can submit materials for the creation of course packets for their students. Course packets may include articles, diagrams, photos and other reference materials. In addition to the physical assembly and distribution of course packets, DPPS will obtain any necessary copyright clearance you need, a very important consideration.
DPPS takes the burden of assembling course packets away from you and puts in on our shoulders. We also provide your students with convenient options, such as online ordering, shipping and delivery services — services which are generally not available through other local vendors.
How It Works
Important Note: For course packets that require copyright clearance, faculty should allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
- You contact DPPS at (608) 262-3461 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation. Together, we will review the materials you are thinking about including and help you determine those for which you need copyright clearance. For this first consultation, you should bring a bibliography or photocopy the copyright page from each work, so that we have the publishing information we need to obtain clearance for each item.
- During the consultation, we will review your needs and complete any other needed paperwork, such as the course description for online ordering, your timeline, needed quantities, estimated pricing, etc. We will also let you know where you can direct students when they are ready to purchase the course packets.
- You provide us with hard copy or electronic files of each item to be included in the course packet.
- DPPS will obtain any necessary copyright clearance from the Copyright Clearance Center for any course materials requiring it. As noted, this usually takes from four to six weeks, so please plan ahead. The final price of the packets will include the fees paid to the publishers for copyright clearance.
- When all necessary clearance has been obtained, DPPS will digitize and print the needed materials and assemble the course packets. Your custom course packet can be produced on any of our stock papers and will be bound according to your specifications. Your course packets will be produced digitally on at our state-of-the-art print facility. DPPS can also provide you with graphic design assistance to enhance the look of your packets.
- Course packets, in a quantity agreed upon by you and DPPS. Additional sets of packets will be digitally printed, on a quick turnaround basis, as they are needed.
- Before or when your course begins, you notify your students where they can purchase the packets by purchasing them through the DPPS Online Course Packet Store.
To save students some of the costs associated with copyright clearance and printing, you can direct students to the full-text material already available at no charge from the libraries’ online subscriptions. In this scenario, students would link to particular articles online, rather than having them included in the actual course packets. For more information, contact Carrie Kruse, College Library, email@example.com
Advantages for Your Students
- DPPS is the only local course packet service that provides all of the following conveniences:
- Overall ease of purchase. No long lines, no waiting. In fact, there’s no need for students to leave the comfort of their own home at all.
- Ability to order course packets online through the DPPS Online Course Packet catalog.
- Ability to pay with a credit card.
- Digitized course packets on demand. (No waiting several days when quantities run short).
- Ability to accept returned course packets. (Some limitations may apply.)
Please contact DPPS for a free consultation at (608) 262-3461 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Blank Paper Stock
DPPS can provide your department with the important blank stock items you use on a regular basis.
- Appreciation Cards
- Custom Engraved Door & Wall Signs
- Lapel Pins
- Leather Portfolio
- Table Tents
- Thank you Cards
- UW Name Badge
- UW Name Tags